Thursday, January 25, 2007

Bus-ted

I am guilty. There is a bus service to Gloucester from here. I don't use it. It doesn't go where I need. I doesn't go fast enough. It doesn't go regularly enough.

Some do use it. And need it. And have no alternative.

But it is about to cease. So even if I was challenged to practice what I preach (which, to be fair, I don't in this case, but still do fly the flag for planet-saving and hence will get so tasked), I soon will not be able to do so. Way hey! When next summoned to London I can't get to the station other than by car, so I may as well stick on the A40 and get there quicker (ish), cheaper and a lot more in keeping with my return schedule than the train. No alternative.

It's a dilemma, and I am not sure I have an answer. But to head in a better direction, I'm pretty sure I will face those who make the most aggressive green noises - from Pols to activists - that allowing yet more eco-options is not the best way to get 'us' on board.

No comments: