Thursday, January 25, 2007

Davos III (the plebs strike back)

Not his fault, I suppose, but it's the first report I've read from 'the front' and this came across a bit smug a la 'I'm one of the in-crowd and you'll find out what I heard in secret when I decide.'

Davos 07: are we fanning the flames?


"I'll pop this on the record, so it's slightly more valuable than a free lunch with a VIP and a jolly with a media rep.

I'm wondering what, who 'mainstream media' is.. are? I'm guessing another 'elite' that means 'not the rest of you'.

I also wonder how many representatives of 'it' there were (the BBC apparently has managed 37, which has to be some kind of record - and we have a bet here they didn't take the bus) slumming it in a very cosy resort who noticed the irony of who was there, who was not, how they all got there (speaking of flying visits) and what was supposed to be quite high on the agenda.

So yes, it is getting warmer, and I have a fair notion who is fanning some of those 'flames'. I'll await my e-version in return."

No comments: