Monday, February 12, 2007

Belief is beggared... again

MPs lose fight to keep their travel expenses secret

My main concern is who are the MPs who want to be exempted from the FoI act

Telegraph - MPs claim £5m travel expenses
BBC - READ THIS!!!!!!- MPs reveal travel expense claims
Times - I popped in a comment here. Where I come from claiming more than you use is fraud - MPs’ claims of £5m in travel expenses show big variations
Indy - Is Norman Baker the most hated man in Westminster? - Who cares? Nice one Norm!
Telegraph - It still gets dark early
And a big up to Mr. Baker! Only MP to write back to me helpfully about my eco-website.
I don't think he actually published the details. He just campaigned for 'us' to see them. Despite what was apparently a spirited campaign by some (to we ever get to find out who) to not find out who may be defrauding their employers (that would be 'us', again)
Thing is, all and sundry seem to be saying they are wrong, so please just forget about them. I do hope the 24-hr headline world of modern media is not so forgiving. I won't be.
Telegraph - The true cost of the great expenses fiddle is ruination
Well, golly.
At least we can rely on those at the top to set a better example.
Say.... some MPs and their travel claims.

No comments: