Monday, February 12, 2007

I'm glad I got my petition in now

When I did, the site announced that there had already been 1,000, so I see a log jam on the horizon, if not already. It's all about access, and while this looked/s like a great idea in theory, I do wonder how long it is before there is a selection process, which in turn will get hijacked that know how and/or know how to get paid to play the system.

Anyway, here's the next one: No 10 site faces fresh petition

This one is about rubbish taxes, which I have blogged upon already. Frankly the similarities between this and the road pricing one are striking.

It is to be hoped the results will be given worthy consideration by our elected leaders.

Indy: Critics seize No 10's petitions website to slate Government

Speaking of trust in stated aims vs. suspicions of income generation:

Telegraph - Speed cameras fail to halt a rise in fatalities on the roads

Telegraph - Democracy will never be the same again

Telegraph - No 10 site faces fresh petition


No comments: