Monday, February 12, 2007

Gulliver's Hassles

Brian May has always reminded me of Gulliver, at least physically, and now it seems he is not above some Lilliputian nibbling by a 'social affairs corespondent': Don’t start him now: Queen’s star pens a mean rock blog

'Sounds like an interesting blog from an interesting man.

At his level most get shaped to snoredome by handlers and PRs.

It's nice to get a feel for the actual guy and his ups and downs.

So it's a shame to see edited highlights applied to make a human being's life look only petty and frustrated.

Though not in the same league, I was advised by my PRs to tone down some opinions I had/have about business, govt departments, NGOs and even (moderated) media as I may need to engage with them to help my environmental Junkk site; but sod it, life's too short. We need to get back to saying what we think, do what's right and not what looks good to make the world a better place. There are too many butt-protectors doing d-squat out there.

The blog URL is not given but I will try and find it.

Sounds like a guy who is on a roll. And not afraid to call a rock an obstacle if it is.'

ADDENDUM: I was right, it was a hatchet job. Nice guy. Nice blog. I'll pop back every so often. Here's the URL. It's only polite.

No comments: