Tuesday, March 20, 2007

No FT, no...?

A healthy debate

FT stands for Flippin' Time. If I haven't got much spare, and there is no end benefit, what's the point in wasting any?

I'm really only interested in what might score some readers back to my blog, which needs a link, or furthering my pet causes, which needs some open minds online.

The Telegraph 'moderates' a lot, which can be off-putting. The Guardian does not. The former puts last first, while most you have to scroll all through to get to the latest. All can add, or detrat, to the appeal of offering free editorial.

I have a cut-off of a hundred, because usually that means by then a core brigade are trading shots, which gets no one anywhere. A shame, because often a good post can come in late as the poster has only just arrived and still feels they can contribute.

That said, I often wait a few days and lob one in just to have the last word. Though to be professional, that does mean reading all inbetween, which can be a chore.

Like digging for the gold seam, you never know what you may miss if you give up to soon.

Curse this damn urge to discover and share!

Hey, it's lunchtime. I had a banana in one hand and some time on the other.

No comments: