Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Procrastination can have its merits

A wee while ago Dave of Solarventi wrote asking me my thoughts about M&S's 'There is no Plan B' eco-conversion.

My reply at the time was that I'd be more impressed if they would answer my calls and those of some others (like Dave) who had a few actual suggestions on reduction and reuse that might actually do more than spin the hype turbines. Then I forgot all about it as I now have 500 emails in my in-box since the weekend.

But then I read this: Is Rose's footprint as green as it seems?

Now I have been a bit exhausted by the venom flying about when critics address the man (sorry, PC-types) and not the science, but I do rather share the notion that if the message the messenger is bringing is one of 'do as I say!' then not doing it personally chips at the old pedestal foundations a tad. Especially when these folk are either rolling in it and/or have long since ceased to have any grasp on the realities of paying the bills by being in waaaaaay too much power.

So to the merry ranks of Tony 'Well me not flying isn't really isn't practical when I have lectures to fund my mortgage(s)' B, David 'See how it spins... and the turbine' C, Richard 'My whole fleet is flying on old chips, including the geriatric billionaire space tourists' B et Al 'But I only fly my own jet because I'm busy' G, I think we can add Stuart 'My Beemer may be saving the planet, but the fleet of trucks following behind with liquid hydrogen refills may not be' R.

PolPorkies.info almost has enough to kick off.

Ya think?

Though I doubt I'll ever get my calls answered now.

No comments: