Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Am I missing something?

Nothing to do with the environment. A lot to do with the media... who report on the ways to save the planet, if not very thoroughly.

Ice cream can help women get pregnant

I write this as I watch the same piece on BBC Breakfast with the bouffant and the blonde reading out the same press release and saying 'Yummy, mummy'.

Now, valid though this may or may not be (I'm guessing pregnant ancestors may have needed a high fat boost to weather the demands of an extra kid from conception to weaning), I do wonder if some context may not have been worthwhile about how that rather unchallenged bit of info may apply in these modern days of obesity being a bit of a problem?

Times - Obese mothers blamed for baby deaths
Indy - Ice cream 'helps increase chance of pregnancy'

No comments: