Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Gored?

I am very glad that I have established Junkk.com on the basis of information, incentive and reward, rather than fright, guilt and fine, but despite this there is the small matter of setting an example.

There is a limit to how much I can say 'do what you gotta do', so when something makes sense to do, or not, to help the situation, I will try and share it. Which means I should and would feel a bit uncomfortable advocating not flying so much as I book the family for a weekend in Verbier to catch the last of the season's skiing.

So you have to feel, but only a bit, for Mr. Gore: Al Gore faces truth about his own energy use

Typically the issue seems to have immediately descended into who is behind it all at the expense of the facts, but as at least some seem undoubted there is the question of example.

And that is where the darlings of the green elite need to start getting their houses in order. For a start, by at least switching the thermo down and a few rooms' lights off.

And I do question how many firs can get whacked in the firmament to allow them to keep on emitting rather than simply cutting back.

Gore feels the heat
Guardian - An inconvenient truth: eco-warrior Al Gore's bloated gas and electricity bills
Indy - Gore faces up to inconvenient truth over his electricity bill

No comments: