Wednesday, February 28, 2007

One and one's lost plot.

As I munch on my Big Mac and Fries, while I can see some environmental (how many fields to support one cow?) and even health benefits, I can't help but think that if it was as simplistically put as it has been reported (in the Indy, mind), the guy is a little more shy on reality grasping than I had thought.

Charles suggests McDonald's ban

Indy - The Third Leader: Burger kings

Mad - A Big Mac by appointment to the Burger King in waiting

It's a stretch to equate the HRH's A&P remarks to have been targetted at a competitor such as MacD. I'd say it was just a case of 'foot-in-ones-mouth disease'.

What a nice way to end a Thursday - a charming note from the author conceding I may have a point. Now if only we could all comment and chat in such a civilised way!

Telegraph - Star chef backs the Big Mac
Indy - Janet Street-Porter: Charles is cashing in on our food snobbery

No comments: