Friday, November 02, 2007

No smoke without sense

With about 20 loads of garden waste to take to the council site in my buggy, I would dearly love to have a crafty fire this weekend. But I won't.

However with stuff like this going out I am tempted: (DEFRA) Bonfire night smog warning

The combined effects of light winds and bonfire night celebrations may result in high levels of air pollution during the evenings this weekend in central and southern England, and elevated levels in South Wales.

There's a lot more about asthmatics staying indoors. Guys, really. Next we'll be told it causes global warming... well, I guess it does. But this smacks of not quite getting things across as clearly or directly as one might.

Just tell folk as it is. I no longer have bonfires, even after 5pm, becuase it is not good for the planet.

No comments: